Editor's Note: Due to the observance of the Christmas holiday in many of the areas that Stratfor monitors, this week's Geopolitical Calendar is an abbreviated version of its usual form.
- Dec. 26-28: In Portugal tax employees plan to strike.
FORMER SOVIET UNION
- Dec. 24: Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected to pay an official visit to India for the annual India-Russia Summit.
- Dec. 24: Nepalese President Ram Baran Yadav will visit India. He will meet high-ranking officials and will receive a Doctorate of Letters from Banaras Hindu University.
- Dec. 26: China's high-speed train that runs between Zhengzhou and Beijing will start service.
- Dec. 27: The Argentine Supreme Court will decide whether it accepts the government's motion to have the high court intervene in the appeal regarding the Media Law's constitutionality or whether the case will remain in the lower court.
MIDDLE EAST/NORTH AFRICA
- Dec. 24-25: Bahrain will host the 33rd session of the Supreme Council of Gulf Cooperation Council States in Manama.
- Dec. 25: The West African Gas Pipeline company is expected to complete repairs on the damaged pipeline that runs from Nigeria to Benin, Ghana and Togo by this day.