Editor's Note: The following is an internal Stratfor document listing significant meetings and events planned for the next week. Stratfor analysts use this document to stay informed of the activities and travel of world leaders and to guide their areas of focus for the week.
- March 27: The Czech Republic's Patients Association is expected to protest against health sector reforms.
- March 27-30: Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti will visit Japan to discuss bilateral relations with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda.
- March 29: Slovakia will temporarily close its embassy in Syria due to security concerns.
- March 30: The EU-Ukraine Association Agreement will be initialed.
- March 30: Eurozone finance ministers will meet in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- March 30: Spain will present its budget for 2012.
FORMER SOVIET UNION
- March 26: Russian President Dmitri Medvedev will discuss the crisis in Syria and NATO's missile defense plans with U.S. President Barack Obama at the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul.
- March 28: A New York court will deliver the sentence of Russian arms smuggler Viktor Bout, who was found guilty in November.
- March 29: The nonprofit New Way for Belarus, with support from the Estonian Foreign Ministry, will hold a three-day conference in Tallinn, Estonia, for experts and think tanks to discuss the reform and modernization of Belarusian society.
MIDDLE EAST/NORTH AFRICA
- March 26-29: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit South Korea and Iran. In Tehran, Erdogan is expected to attend international nuclear talks and inaugurate the Yunus Emre Turkish Cultural Center.
- March 29: The Arab League summit will convene in Baghdad.
- Unspecified date: Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda will submit the consumption tax bill to the Diet after his return from South Korea.
- March 26-27: U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon will continue his visit to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia before attending the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul.
- March 26-27: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will continue his visit to Thailand, Japan and South Korea.
- March 28: U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu, EU Ambassador to Japan Hans Dietmar Schweisgut and Japanese Industry Minister Yukio Edano will meet in Tokyo to discuss developing alternative sources of rare earth minerals in light of China's tight control on supplies.
- March 28-29: Chinese President Hu Jintao will attend a summit of the BRICS countries — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — in New Delhi.
- March 30-April 2: Chinese President Hu Jintao is expected to visit Cambodia.
- Unspecified date: The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia are expected to release 10 Colombian security forces personnel held captive, according to a hostage mediator.
- March 26: Pope Benedict XVI will continue his visit to Mexico.
- March 26: Mexican Defense Secretary Gen. Guillermo Galvan, along with other Mexican military authorities, will meet with Canadian Defense Minister Peter MacKay and U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in Canada.
- March 26-28: The pope will visit Cuba.
- March 26-30: Brazilian Agriculture Minister Jorge Alberto Mendes Ribeiro will visit Albania, Hungary, the United Kingdom and Russia.
- March 27-28: Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy is expected to meet with Chilean President Sebastian Pineira during the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul.
- March 27-29: Peruvian Defense Minister Alberto Otarola will visit the United States to discuss strengthened bilateral relations and security and defense cooperation.
- March 28: Finance ministers and development bank presidents of the BRICS nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will meet for the BRICS Business Forum.
- March 28: Argentine milk producers are expected to hold a protest over price hikes.
- March 28-29: Representatives of Central American countries, the United States, Brazil, Mexico and South Africa will participate in the U.S. Agency for International Development's Building Safe Communities security summit in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
- March 30: Mexico's presidential election officially begins.
- March 30: The 35th meeting of the Andean Council of Foreign Ministers will take place in Bogota, Colombia.
- March 30-31: Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff will visit India.
- April 1: Paraguay's Authentic Radical Liberal Party will hold internal elections to select pre-presidential candidates and a party chief.
- April 1: Brazil's sugarcane harvesting season begins.
- April 1: Brazil's Para state will impose a new mining tax on output.
- March 26-28: Eastern Africa Oil, Gas and Energy Week will take place in Nairobi, Kenya.
- March 26-27: South African President Jacob Zuma will lead a delegation to the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul.
- March 27-29: The Ghana Oil and Gas Summit will convene in Accra, Ghana.
- March 28-29: South African President Jacob Zuma will lead a delegation to the BRICS summit in New Delhi, India.