Stay informed about the most significant meetings and events planned for the week ahead.
- Nov. 12: Slovenia will hold the second round of presidential elections.
- Nov. 13-18: Political parties in Catalonia have to present their lists of candidates for the Dec. 21 regional elections to the electoral board.
- Nov. 14: The British House of Commons will start discussing the European Union withdrawal bill.
- Nov. 16: French trade unions General Confederation of Labor, Workers' Force and Solidaires will hold a protest against President Emmanuel Macron's labor reforms.
- Nov. 17: Former Catalan President Carles Puigdemont is scheduled to attend a hearing in Belgium that will decide whether to execute the European arrest warrant issued by Spain.
- Nov. 12: Former Georgian President and Odessa Gov. Mikhail Saakashvili will hold a rally in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Nov. 13: Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Sochi, Russia.
- Nov. 13: Kurt Volker, the U.S. special envoy to Ukraine, will meet with Russian presidential aide Vladislav Surkov in Serbia.
- Nov. 13: Russian government officials will meet with protest leaders in Chelyabinsk.
- Nov. 14-15: Belarusian Foreign Minister Vladimir Makei will visit Moscow and meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
- Nov. 15-16: Armenian President Serzh Sarkisian will visit Moscow.
- Nov. 13: The Philippine Congress will convene for the final session of 2017, with the proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law on the agenda.
- Nov. 13-22: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will hold a multilateral naval exercise in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Nov. 13: The 31st ASEAN Summit will take place in the Philippines, composed partly of related summits that include the United States, China, South Korea and Japan.
- Nov. 13-14: The United States, Japan, India and Australia will meet on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit, hosted by the Philippines, for a quadrilateral dialogue.
- Nov. 14: U.S. President Donald Trump will conclude his tour of the Asia-Pacific, having attended both the East Asia and ASEAN summits.
- Nov. 14: Exercises involving three U.S. aircraft carriers that began Nov. 11 will conclude in the Western Pacific.
- Nov. 15: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will visit Myanmar to discuss the Rohingya refugee crisis.
- Nov. 16-22: Panama's president, Juan Carlos Varela, will travel to China.
- Nov. 19: Bangladesh's foreign minister, A.H. Mahmood Ali, will travel to Myanmar ahead of the Asia-Europe Meeting.
- Nov. 13-Dec. 10: India and Bangladesh will hold a joint anti-terrorism training exercise in the Indian state of Bihar.
- Nov. 13-17: The government of Delhi will employ a car-rationing scheme to try to reduce air pollution as crop burning in neighboring states envelops the city in a thick haze.
- Nov. 14-15: Negotiators from India and the European Union will meet in New Delhi to discuss a long-pending free trade agreement.
- Nov. 19: The foreign ministers of Sweden, Germany, China and Japan will visit Dhaka, Bangladesh, to discuss the Rohingya refugee crisis.
Middle East/North Africa
- Nov. 11: EU delegation to visit Tehran, Iran.
- Nov. 12: Jordan's parliament session kicks off.
- Nov. 13-15: President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey is scheduled to visit Russia, Kuwait and Qatar.
- Nov. 15: Gaza Strip's Rafah crossing with Egypt will begin working on a regular basis.
- Nov. 14: Chile's central bank to meet.
- Nov. 15: Delegations from the Venezuelan government and the opposition will meet in the Dominican Republic.
- Nov. 17-21: Mexico City will host the next round of NAFTA negotiations.
- Nov. 19: Chile will hold a presidential election.
- Nov. 13: Somaliland holds its presidential election.
- Nov. 16: Deadline for Kenya's Supreme Court to render a verdict on a petition challenging President Uhuru Kenyatta's election victory.