The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs) based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier and includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 68: The USS Nimitz is underway in the Pacific Ocean for a Composite Training Unit Exercise (COMPTUEX) and Joint Task Force Exercise (JTFEX).
- CVN 71: The USS Theodore Roosevelt is underway in the Pacific Ocean for carrier qualifications.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is moored at the Khalifa bin Salman Port in Bahrain during operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- CVN 75: The USS Harry S. Truman is underway in the Atlantic Ocean.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
- LHA 6: The USS America is underway in the Pacific Ocean on its way to its new home port in Sasebo, Japan.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the Pacific Ocean.
- LHD 8: The USS Makin Island is underway in the Pacific Ocean for routine training.