The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs), based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier and includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 68: The USS Nimitz is underway in the Pacific Ocean for routine training.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- CVN 76: The USS Ronald Reagan is underway in the U.S. 7th Fleet AOR for its fall patrol.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
- LHA 6: The USS America is underway in the Pacific Ocean for Surface Warfare Advanced Tactical Training (SWATT).
- LHD 1: The USS Wasp is underway in the Pacific Ocean on its way to its new home port in Norfolk, Virginia.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the U.S. 7th Fleet AOR.