Stay informed about the most significant meetings and events planned for the week ahead.
- April 3: Strikes planned in France to protest President Emmanuel Macron's labor reforms.
- April 4: Start of consultations to form a government in Italy.
- April 4: French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe is expected to officially present proposed constitutional reforms.
- April 5-6: Polish Foreign Minister Jacek Czaputowicz meets with French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian in Paris and Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis in Madrid.
- April 7-12: Austrian President Alexander Van der Bellen and Chancellor Sebastian Kurz visit China.
- April 8: Parliamentary elections in Hungary.
- April 4-5: Annual Moscow Conference on International Security.
- April 4-6: The Russian navy to perform missile tests in the Baltic Sea near Latvia's exclusive economic zone.
- April 5: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov meets with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Moscow.
- April 1-8: Chinese Defense Minister Wei Fenghe visits Russia and Belarus.
- April 3-6: Singapore hosts the fourth ASEAN Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meeting.
- April 3-7: Indonesia-led delegations of scholars and experts from several Asian countries will visit North Korea and meet with officials.
- April 5: The prime ministers of Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam and partners from China and Myanmar meet in Cambodia for the third Mekong River Commission summit.
- April 8: Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono to visit Cambodia.
- April 3: Indian Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman visits Russia, India's largest defense supplier.
- April 4: Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe faces a no-confidence motion in Parliament.
- April 6: Nepal's recently elected prime minister, Khadga Prasad Oli, will uphold tradition by visiting India as his first international trip.
- April 6: Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi visits Kabul to meet with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
Middle East/North Africa
- April 2: Results of Egypt's presidential election are expected to be announced.
- April 3-4: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to host Russian President Vladimir Putin in Ankara on April 3. The next day, Erdogan, Putin and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani are meeting to discuss the war in Syria.
- April 6: The Cedre Conference, or Paris IV, will take place in France to raise money for Lebanon's economy and infrastructure.
- April 3: U.S. President Donald Trump to meet with Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid, Latvian President Raimonds Vejonis and Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite.
- April 2: Ethiopia's new prime minister, Abiy Ahmed, to assume office.
- April 2-6: Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa visits China.
- April 4-5: Sudan hosts trilateral talks with Egypt and Ethiopia regarding the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.