The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs), based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier and includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 68: The USS Nimitz is underway in the Pacific Ocean for carrier qualifications.
- CVN 69: The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is underway in the Atlantic Ocean for routine training.
- CVN 71: The USS Theodore Roosevelt is underway in the Pacific Ocean for training operations.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is on a scheduled port visit in Duqm, Oman, during deployment in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- CVN 75: The USS Harry S. Truman is underway in the Atlantic Ocean on a composite training unit exercise (COMPTUEX).
- CVN 76: The USS Ronald Reagan is underway in the U.S. 7th Fleet AOR participating in the Talisman Sabre 2019 exercise.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Unit
- LHD 1: The USS Wasp is underway in the U.S. 7th Fleet AOR participating in the Talisman Sabre 2019 exercise.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.