The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs), based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier and includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 68: The USS Nimitz is underway in the Pacific Ocean for carrier qualifications.
- CVN 69: The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is underway in the Atlantic Ocean for routine training.
- CVN 71: The USS Theodore Roosevelt is underway in the Pacific Ocean for training operations.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- CVN 75: The USS Harry S. Truman is underway in the Atlantic Ocean on a composite training unit exercise (COMPTUEX).
- CVN 76: The USS Ronald Reagan is on a port visit to Brisbane, Australia, ahead of its participation in the Talisman Sabre 2019 exercise.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
- LHD 1: The USS Wasp is underway in the Tasman Sea in preparation for the Talisman Sabre 2019 exercise.
- LHD 3: The USS Kearsarge is underway in the Atlantic Ocean.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- LHD 5: The USS Bataan is underway in the Atlantic Ocean for Marine Expeditionary Unit Integration Training (PMINT).