The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs), based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier, which projects U.S. naval and air power and supports a Carrier Air Wing (CVW). The CSG also includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) embarked. An MEU, in turn, is built around a heavily reinforced and mobile battalion of Marines.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 71: The USS Theodore Roosevelt is underway in the Pacific Ocean as part of the Northern Edge 2019 exercise.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- CVN 76: The USS Ronald Reagan is underway in the U.S. 7th Fleet AOR for a routine summer patrol.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
- LHD 1: The USS Wasp is underway in the Pacific Ocean.
- LHD 3: The USS Kearsarge is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the Pacific Ocean on its way to the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR.