The Naval Update Map shows the approximate current locations of U.S. Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) and Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs), based on available open-source information. No classified or operationally sensitive information is included in this weekly update. CSGs and ARGs are the keys to U.S. dominance over the world's oceans. A CSG is centered on an aircraft carrier and includes significant offensive strike capability. An ARG is centered on three amphibious warfare ships, with a Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked.
Carrier Strike Groups
- CVN 69: The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is underway in the Atlantic Ocean for routine training.
- CVN 72: The USS Abraham Lincoln is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOR) in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
- LHD 1: The USS Wasp is traveling in the Pacific to change its home port to Norfolk, Virginia.
- LHD 4: The USS Boxer is underway in the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR in support of naval operations to ensure maritime stability and security in the Central Region.
- LHD 5: The USS Bataan is underway in the Atlantic Ocean for routine operations.