Lauren Goodrich was a senior Eurasia analyst and Soviet Union specialist. Her key areas of expertise are politics, business, economics and security in the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Ms. Goodrich lived in Russia during the Yeltsin-Putin transition and taught at Tomsk Polytechnic University. She holds degrees from both the Tomsk Polytechnic University and the University of Texas at Austin in Russian language; Russian, Eastern European and Eurasian studies; Slavic literature and religious studies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Russian security and foreign policy
- EU internal and foreign policy
- Politics in former Soviet states
- Balkan internal and foreign policy
- Slavic language and culture