Eugene Chausovsky focuses on political, economic and security issues pertaining to the former Soviet Union, Europe and Latin America. He was previously a researcher at the University of Texas, where he focused on Russian demographic trends and their impact on the country's political and electoral systems. He also holds a degree in international relations from the same university.
Mr. Chausovsky was born in Moscow and is a fluent Russian speaker. He lived in Ukraine, Austria and Italy before moving to the United States.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Politics, economics and security trends in the former Soviet states
- Russia's foreign policy and strategy in the former Soviet periphery
- EU and U.S. policy toward the former Soviet states
- Sovereignty and integration processes in Europe and the former Soviet states
- Economic and political trends in Latin America